Saturday, June 12, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog

That is the question. Actually, my first question was...what the heck is a blog? Of course, I've heard about them and even read some, but never really quite understood them. And even more so, never quite understood why anyone would care to read them. That was until Thursday, when I read my sister-in-law's "bloggy blog". I saw her post on facebook and I didn't think much of it until I saw that it included information about my daughter...needless to say, I couldn't resist.


My daughter was staying with her Nana and Pop Pop while I was out of town for work...and while there, she spent some time with my sister-in-law and her new born son. My sister-in-law's blog was witty and talked about how helpful my daughter was and how the funny things she said had brightened her day. It made me laugh after a long tiring day and I was proud to read that my daughter was behaving herself. I was 6 hours away from my child, but through that blog was able to share in her day. Now I understand the significance.


But what would I write about? That's the beauty of a blog. Anything goes. And the ideas are constantly flowing through my head. But when I get on something in particular, well, as my husband puts it, or the visual he gave me was a dog grabbing hold of a chew toy and trying to pull it out of its owner's hands. I guess he means I rip an idea to shreds and slobber all over it. And, I guess he is right. Therefore, I have started to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment